Sunday, February 9, 2014

Numbers...

Yesterday I made my personal on the 10 km distance (not during a race, just regular training).
While I was in the middle of it, I checked my pace, and I was doing 3:52/km.
That was exactly my personal record on the 1 km when I was 7 years old. How cute was that?
One year later, my personal was 3:15.
...and I could go on and on.
We are climbers, or runners, or whatever and we're living in the constant search of numbers: times, paces, grades... With that in our mind we forget why we're trying to beat those number. We forget that we're doing something just because we love it.




You are young and life is long and there is time to kill today
and then one day you find ten years have got behind you
no one told you when to run, you missed the starting gun

No comments:

Post a Comment