Monday, April 28, 2014

Scary places...

Ok, first of all, let me clarify something. I don't believe in any kind of spiritual thing or premonitions or third eye or whatever, so there is no "paranormal" bias here. What I'm describing here it's just the observation of a phenomenon.
A phenomenon that happens to me, sometimes.


During my perpetual wandering on planet Earth I've found places that give me weird feelings.
Places that are scary, for some reason.
It's a subtle kind of scariness.
It's not fear. It's a crawling feeling telling me that the place is not "right".
Those are usually remote places, but still they show the presence of human beings...
Places in which if you scream nobody will hear you, just to give you a better idea of what I'm talking about.
Maybe it is just my imagination: a cross over between years of horror movies, violent music and a big imagination.

For example yesterday.
I was trail running in the middle of nowhere in the Texan prairie. Suddenly I found myself complete isolate, in a flat humid place, surrounded by pounds, mud and trees, but still I could feel the presence of humans. An abandoned doll, the skeleton of an old truck, tall utility poles.
And I felt it. This thing telling me that the place could be a nice place for a serial killer, a monster, the end.
Again, there is nothing spiritual, it's just a feeling. A bad feeling.
Off course, I'm curious about these kind of things. If one part of me (the wise one) is telling me to keep going, another part of me (the curious one) is telling me to slow down, to study every detail, to take a mental pictures and to try to make my own story of the place.
As always, the curious one is the winner, and so far I've been lucky...





No comments:

Post a Comment