Friday, January 31, 2014

Five-zero-six

Five-zero-six means 506: the total kilometers that I've run in January. It's 314 miles.
I'm just bragging here, but I think I deserve it.
A lot of km. A good training: good job, high five for me.
I've found the perfect balance between working on the pure resistance (never lower down to 40 km on Sunday), with back-to-back training (for the newbies: two days in a row of long running [I was doing 30 km on Saturday followed by 45-50 km on Sunday]) and the speed work. During the week I was working more on my speed and less on the total km (an average of 14 km), staying under the 5'/km (usually 4:30'). Off course, for running all of this km, I've increased the number of sessions: morning and evening runs on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Perfect work. It was hard, but not that harder. Honestly, I didn't realize that I was running all those km until yesterday evening.
Now it's (almost) time to start the tapering: at the end of February I will run the ultra in Fort Worth (The cowtown ultra): psyched!
That's it.

Oh no, one more thing. I'm wondering: is it possible to run 1000 km in one month? Probably yes.
Let me try.



The perfect soundtrack is right here:



No comments:

Post a Comment