Saturday, May 10, 2014

Countdown to the Whispering Pines ultra!

Next Saturday, I will run the 50 km at the Whispering Pines Trail.
This will be my first official ultra on trail (last Sunday I ran 53 km on trail, but it wasn't a race), and I'm starting to get psyched!
I've been forced to start tapering this week because I had a stupid intestinal flu/food poisoning and for that reason I've cut down the milage this week (not too much, though).
Once again, I need to do a lot of stretching, but I'm working on it...
I really like this "ultra preparation" concept: it requires a lot of discipline, and strict rules, and tactics. In other words, the total control of the whole process, and that is exactly how my brain works.
I found also a very close relation with climbing: it's a physical and mental preparation, and it requires organization and preparation.
...now that I'm thinking about it, I can also see a connection with science.
Anyway... I was saying I'm tapering: I hate it, but also I know that I need it and I know that is essential. I skipped my Saturday morning run (probably, my favorite run of the whole week) this morning and tomorrow I won't run too much: 30 km tops, I swear (I'm planning to explore the White Rock Creek trail).
Gettin' psyched!


Here some random heavy stuff:


No comments:

Post a Comment