Friday, May 9, 2014

Few words about climbing videos.

Dear new-generation climbers, what is your problem?
Go to climb, send your thing, go back home and go fuck yourself. Do all of that without making video.
I'm sick and tired of all these climbing videos: they are all the same and they all have the same plot.
They all start with you while you're going to the crag/boulder, then there are footage of you trying and failing on the project, and finally the clip of you sending the damn project.
Off course, same dialogues: "I realized it was the perfect climb...", "I didn't think it was possible...", "I've been training really hard...", "I sent it, I'm happy, it was the most important thing in my life..."...
They even have the same kind of music. This pseudo electronic/trance music to show that you're cool, but you're also deep and spiritual...
STOP IT.
So boring.
Especially the ones with the girls.
I don't know why, the girls on these fucking videos are even more annoying and narcissistic than the guys.
Please, stop to pollute the world with those useless videos.
This is not climbing. This is showing up.
This is a "Oh, look at me how strong and cool and cute and good looking I am.".
This is wrong.

Do you want to make a cool climbing video? Here the perfect soundtrack:


No comments:

Post a Comment