Wednesday, July 22, 2015

El Scorcho 9

...and the edition number 9 of the El Scorcho is now filed.
Compared to last year, it was easier.
At least I felt it easier. I'm not sure why. Maybe because it was cooler (not so hot or humid, nice breeze) than last year, or maybe because I'm more trained, or maybe because -I'm being extremely cocky here, but also extremely sincere- lately I found 50 km really easy to run.
The pressure for me was a little bit higher this eyer.
I entered as 50 k top finalist because last year I ran it in 4 hour and 44 minutes and I was 9th overall. So my goal was to run it in less than 4:44:00. Also, my goal was to save the energy because this Saturday night I have the Fossil Valley 9 hours night run.
I was trying to convince myself to take it easy, but at the beginning it didn't work: when I'm doing something, I must do it in the right way and put 110% of my energy, so I ran focusing on the moment and not thinking about the next race.
...but I also ran in a smart way, with a solid constant pace for the first 40 km and when I saw that I was in a good position, I slowed down a little bit for the last 10 km. I finished it in 4:21:56 (3 minutes slower than my PR on road) and I finished 4th overall. I cannot complain and I'm happy about it.
The only problem I had was from my shoes. I changed shoes 2 months ago, and since then I've been just training on them and never had a race. I was feeling something was wrong with them but I wasn't sure. Now I know: they are too tight on my toes, and this is the result:


Godspeed nail.

...well, so long my dear toe nail, I will miss you. It looks bad, gross & disgusting, but it really doesn't hurt, so who cares...
Anyway, now it's time to focus on the next race this weekend, and after that the Habanero 100 km in August.


An unrelated note: I haven't written anything in the last 2 months because I am really busy. And also because this fucking place has the ability to dry me up and leave me completely empty. After a day of assholes, lazy people, unfair businesses and general motherfuckers and bullshits all over the place, I'm feeling so hollow that writing a post (even though I would like to) is the last thing I can do...

Peace.





1 comment:

  1. Quit holding back in that last paragraph. How do you really feel?

    ReplyDelete