Saturday, March 22, 2014

Live report: Gorguts + Carcass (+other two but they were insignificant)

Mini-report of the Decibel tour Noisem + Gorguts + The Black Dahlia Murder + Carcass, at Trees.
Because I was late from work, I got there at 8:30. Noisem were done already, and Gorguts were on the stage.
Since I went to this show basically just because of Gorguts (and partially for Carcass), I don't care if I missed Noisem, but I would be very pissed off if I couldn't enjoy Gorguts.
But I've been lucky.
Gorguts are a war machine: huge rhythmic session (awesome work from both bass and drum) and Luc Le May is spectacular with his voice and his guitar work. They played the entire new album (Colored sands) and few songs from "The erosion of sanity", but unfortunately nothing from "Considered dead".
Anyway, I was there for them and I was (still I am) so happy!!
Here a very short/bad quality video of Gorguts in action:


After their show I had also the opportunity to meet and talk with Luc: great guy, very quite and passionate about his music!
Another point for Gorguts!

After Gorguts it's time for The Black Dahlia Murder.
Their music sucks. All their songs sound the same to me, with the same pattern and the same three chords. Music for emo kids, and that's why only emo kids were listening them.

After the suckers, it's Carcass' time.
They are professional, they know their business, and they know what they're doing.
They started with "Corporal jigsore quandary", probably my favorite Carcass' song, and I'm happy again.
They played a lot of songs from Heartwork and from their last album "Surgical steel".
They kicked ass, and the Trees was just a gigantic mosh pit: old school death metal does not fail.

Final thought on the people: two generations confronting. Classic old fat metal heads for Gorguts and Carcass (I'm in this category) and stupid emo kids for The Black Dahlia Sucker.
Off course metal heads beats emo kid 20 to 0.



No comments:

Post a Comment