Friday, June 6, 2014

The heat!

Short post because I'm busy and blah blah blah...
I've officially started the training for the next summer races (50K of El Scorcho and 36K of CRP in the middle and the end of July)* and I'm training in order to get habit to the Texan heat.
Heat hits you hard, but I hit harder!
Off course it's hard training in these conditions (and by the way, is not that bad right now: it will be terrible soon...), but if is not painful is not funny for me...
...and honestly, I'm not even suffering too much right now. What I find really really really really really really annoying is the sweat: it burns in my eyes and my glasses keep falling from my stupid face.
Anyway, this is an nice article about heat acclimation: it explains, in a better way, what I'm trying to say here. What I find fascinating is the increase of plasma volume.
It makes sense if you think about it... Physiology is cool.




*I'm also in for the 40 Miles at Glen Rose (TX) in September



A warm place, NIN:


No comments:

Post a Comment