Monday, June 9, 2014

I saw a huge tarantula...

...and for me it's a serious business, a big thing, and that's why I'm writing about it.
If you think it's too lame, go fuck yourself, it's my blog and write what I want.
Ok, done with the anger, let's go back to the tarantula thing.

So, it was really early in the morning (not even 7 am), and I was trail-running.
I was just at the beginning of the run and I was trying the "get in the zone" for the long run, when I saw something really big and black and alive slowly walking on the trial.
I immediately stopped because I thought it was some kind of huge awesome insect, but with my surprise it was even better: she (I decide the tarantula is a "she", deal with it) was a really big black tarantula.


Hi! :)


I was so happy. I stopped the Garmin, and I looked at her for at least 10 minutes. She was minding her own business, walking up-hill on the trail. I said hello and I talked to her, but she didn't care. I really fought the feeling of petting her on her big hairy but, but I didn't wan to scare her...
We don't have spiders like those in Italy, so that's why I'm so happy: my first real wild tarantula!
They are magnificent creatures, and I don't really understand why people think they are disgusting or why they are afraid of. The only animal which we have to be disgusted and afraid is the Homo sapiens.
So, the point of all of this -if there is one- is in the following few sentences.
I've been lucky: I grew up in a way that taught me to be respectful to all living creatures and to be curios and astonished by every animal and plant.
While I was staring at the tarantula, the memory of my grandfather poped out in my stupid brain: I remember that he was doing the same thing I was doing in that moment with the tarantula. I think he will be proud of me.
Keep hugging tree.




No comments:

Post a Comment