Wednesday, September 10, 2014

All the sadness of the World in a plastic hold.

Yesterday I went to climb in the damn climbing gym.
It was a while since last time, 'cause I'm very busy and I'm more focusing on my next ultra.
Anyway, I thought it could be nice being there and climb, but it wasn't like that.
Not at all.
Climbing on plastic is so sad and pathetic and ridiculous and demotivating.
I was staring at the other climbers: like brainless monkeys, we're trying to reach the top of a wall, and then jump down.
Where's the thrill? Where is the danger? Where is the "being out of the comfort zone" feeling? Where is the smell of the rock, the feeling of the pain, the magic of a wood, the blood on your fingers? Where are all of those things in the plastic-climbing situation?
Plastic climbing is so damn stupid and useless.
It's only train. You train during the week and you climb (real climbing on real rock) on the week-end.
For a lot of people (new generation?) climbing starts and ends in the fuckin' climbing gym.
Climbing is something completely different.
...and this thing really pisses me off.
I love climbing. Climbing is part of me. And it really chops my heart in half knowing that nowadays for a lot of people (and unfortunately, also for me), climbing is just a pathetic "aerobic activity" performed on plastic inside a damn gym.
So sad.





No comments:

Post a Comment